Sunday, October 17, 2010


Today we left Farmington and headed towards Fort Collins and my much anticipated visit with Lindsay! We decided to go about half the distance today and that was a good plan. This was one of those days where you probably had to be there to truly appreciate the gorgeous views we had as we crossed the mountains of northern New Mexico into southern Colorado! I will probably be posting a tedious number of photos, but I really just want to share a glimpse of what we saw. In most places it was a 2 lane highway,  not heavily traveled, and went up to quite high elevations ----we like these kinds of roads much better than interstate travel. We drove along the Conejos River for quite a distance and there were several beautiful log homes as well as  places that looked like fishing camps---saw folks standing in the river fly fishing---made me wish I had my fishing poles along! Maybe something to be retrieved at Christmas!!

Tomorrow we will complete our drive to Fort Collins...tonight we are resting in Pueblo, Colorado...Debbie and John

No comments:

Post a Comment