Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Today was our first full day in Fort Collins,,,and it was beautiful! John and I ran a few errands and walked around awhile in Old Town. Lindsay went to class then she and I went to a late lunch at a place where you could 'construct' your own salad (right up her alley) and a walk at one of her 'walking spots' not far from campus. 

Note to self, when you have a child when you are almost 41, do not expect to be able to keep up with them on a hike when they are a freshman in college! She graciously slowed her pace and did most of the talking, so I could concentrate on my breathing!! A small "incline" to Lindsay was a "major hill" to me!! Several prairie dogs surrounded the pond where we walked.

As you can see from the pictures, John and I found  a great little cookie place in Fort Collins-- could be my new favorite store!--they even had little cups of cookie dough for sale!----sweet!
Perhaps this store had something to do with my condition on the trail!

Lindsay came for a home cooked dinner and  a cross word puzzle and has gone back to her dorm to study

Resting in Fort Collins......Debbie and John

1 comment:

  1. So cool. So glad you are having so much fun -- it looks so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete