Saturday, October 23, 2010

First thing this morning John and I drove up to Estes Park to a camera shop to pick up a new camera I have been trying to locate since we left on our journey----hooray!, they had one left!
Hopefully you will be able to see a difference in the pictures!

While we were making the camera run Lindsay rode Jetta and when we all returned she and I did the "shopping!!" We hit Jax, (which is like Thrifty and the Big R on steroids!), had a good lunch in the Red Table Cafe in Old Town, then went to REI and Whole Foods----rounding out a perfect shopping day for Lindsay!

Then it was time for the hike of the day. We had decided to go to Lory State Park which is only about 5 miles out of town and a place Lindsay ( sometimes with Jetta) visits when she has time. She said it was a good hike to go up to the top of Arthur's Rock---you only gain about 1000 ft in 1.7 miles to the top of the rock! So, once again not thoroughly thinking through that part about my age and how long it has been since I did such a hike, I agreed. It was beautiful!----and a long hike! The last portion on the hike was 'scrambling up'  some rocks to gain the peak--let's just say a few times I had to manually assist my legs in making the steps up the rocks! I tried to get some shots of the degree of our incline on the walk and the vista from the top, and Lindsay got one picture of me at the top to prove I survived.

Arthur's Rock in the distance
My view on a hike with Linds
The last big push!
It was really windy!!
Dinner at the Beach House in Old Town, 2 Aleve, and resting in Fort Collins....Debbie and John

No comments:

Post a Comment